zaterdag 4 oktober 2014

My cats

I am the proud owner of two cats. Well, that is not actually true, since one cat is officially my flatmate's, but she still feels like she is mine. My cat is a 6-year old black tuxedo cat named Nemo, hers is a tortoise print cat named Keesje. Keesje is about 1,5 years old.


This is them, the front one is Keesje, the back one is Nemo.


A few years ago, I bought a pattern with several cat patterns and all the DMC colors for it at a Dutch creative fair called 'de Kreadoe'. I wanted to stitch these patterns for a long time, but I never really found a good method to stitch without it being a kit, it just was a hassle. I've figured out how to do that since, and thought it was time to stitch my babies. 

The pattern I used to stitch my cats.

I started by stitching Keesje because for the life of me, I couldn't find my black DMC 310 floss, and I started on a saturday evening so there was no way to get it somewhere. I figured Keesje could be stitched by substituting black for very dark brown, but Nemo really had to be black.


This is how Keesje looks all by herself.

I bought black floss the first moment I could. There was a perfect Nemo-like tuxedo cat on the pattern, but he was facing the same way as Keesje, and I wanted them to face each other, so I stitched the pattern the other way. This was doable, since it was so small, but for a bigger pattern, I would 
copy and mirror the pattern, because sometimes I really had to count out several times to see if I was doing it right. 

The end result

I am very happy with the end result. As you can see, I am a very careless stitcher and leave my needles in my work after I am done with it. I will make a blogpost about my stitching methods soon, I guess. I hope to find a small frame for this pattern soon, so I can hang it in our shared hallway. And I plan to stitch Nemo again for my parents, because they would like this on their wall as well. Or a different tuxedo cat pattern.








Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten